Back for more? I bet. Well here it is.
We’re here, talking to you, about what we’re up to, and whether it’s any good or not. If you’re in a hurry I’ll give you a brief summary here: It’s all good apart from the bad bits, discuss.
For more detail read on a comfortable chair with a cuppa.
1) Introducing. We had our first Radio 1 live session broadcast a couple of weeks ago. Yes. This was a most enjoyable experience which comprised mainly of numerous cups of tea and coffee, a fair few rollies, some music and an interview. It was Huw Stephens that invited us in so we were on his Introducing show, which showcases new music every Wednesday night, and is generally top notch. Huw also interviewed Will and Max from Chess Club Records this week, and they played a brand new song of ours which you can hear for a short while here. Or for more info about the show check this.
Also played on the show were James Yuill, White Lies and Mumford and sons, as well as Wave Machines live in the studio.
2) Holiday. Last week the kindly Jeff Lettuce put up with us in her house for a week. A whole week. I’ve mentioned this a bit last blog but to cap it all off here’s a run down off this weeks top ten. Whilst in Lowestoft, home of The Darkness, we ate fish and chips, recorded some new material, slept, drank cocktails, had a barbeque and did some Crabbbing. It was a splendid retreat and we are all greatly indebted to Jeffo and her parentals for their kindest kisses.
3) Wet weather. Upon our return we were treated to a trip to Field Day in Victoria Park, but the weather was crap. White Lies, Laura Marling and the headliners Foals saved the day though – it was the first time I’ve seen Foals for ages and they totally blew me away. Top quality sandwich. Afterwards we went to a house party on Brick Lane, where a girl washed her feet:
4) Magic Pete. (I’ll say his name again for extra emphasis, clickable link too, like that?) Magic Pete “the rock and roll magician” has done us the world of good and a new music video for False Starts, we’ll give you a sneak preview here
5) Finally. Back to our everyday lives, we’ve got a hell of a lot of new tuneage on the way, a tender morsel of this is already available to you on our Myspace as well as some videos we made when we were bored. Have (sensible) fun with them won’t you.
I think that is all for now,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and a hug.
PS. We got the Russian Club sign!